Monday, August 6, 2012

Adventures in San Diego!

One week after moving from SacTown to SD, my new roomie and I went exploring Balboa Park.  So.  Much.  Fun.  And so much to do!  In the time we were there, we pretty much traveled the world.  No, really!  We have pictures to prove it.

We went to England:


Yeah, we TOTALLY caught some Olympic action there.  They wanted to give us gold medals for the sport of being awesome, but we politely declined since we couldn't stay for the award ceremony.


We stopped by the Butchart Gardens in British Columbia...


And smelled some flowers...


And admired their beauty...


And pretended to be African monkeys hanging from a flower filled well...  Ok, so that was only me...


We danced with the Kirov (Mariinsky) Ballet...


and the Paris Opera Ballet...  (no, those are not white tights, those are my white legs)


We crashed a flower show in a foreign-Spanish-looking-place.


It took great strength to refrain from bringing back any flowers 'cause they were so pretty!


We found a secret entrance to Wonderland (take that Alice!).


And in Wonderland, we met this super friendly green dragon-snake-thingy.  (Mom, don't freak out, but we brought him home!)


Just in case you were wondering, I'm loving my new home.  I'll have to tell you more later, but right now there's more adventures waiting for me, so off into beautiful 80 degree weather I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment