Friday, January 25, 2013

Ambition is Her Game

So, some bad news everyone: Mattie's gone.  She's no longer with me, and her loyalties might have even been switched over.  I don't know whether to say "TRAITOR!" or "Come back".  She's already set up at my sister's.  My sister has already decided what to make for her first ride with Mattie, and let me tell you- she's ambitious!  No wonder Mattie has given her loyaties away, there's no playing it safe with Lil' Sis.  In her own words, "Go big or go home."  There seemed to be a hint of finality in that statement.  I think she's judging me.  I went simple and quick(ish- not counting french seams).  Oh well, she still loves me, she has to, it's in her contract (that I just made up and she has no idea about).


Ladies (and maybe gentlemen), for her first project, she's sewing with knit.  Yeah, you know, that stretchy material that requires different measurements for cutting and different stitches for sewing and a pain in your neck (literally) if you have to rip any stitches out.  Oh, uh, yeah, it's also the type of material that I usually pass up in favor of something... easier.  


I showed her one of my favorite websites for finding free patterns/tutorials (www.sewset.com) and she picked one out (this cute old fashioned sleeper) and got to work. 



  A pattern was made from a currently owned sleeper, the thrift store was visited to find material (best value material- thrift store sheets!) and she actually scored twice with two sheets made out of this soft jersey knit.


  Fabric scissors, pins, thread, sewing machine- ready to go!  Since the sleeper has the old fahion drop-bottom, she's planning on putting this on it:


I told you she's ambitious (I hope Mattie's ready to keep up with Lil' Sis).  But she's also persistent, so I've no doubt that she will not only complete it, but that it'll be the cutest little sleeper on the cutest little nephew.  Speaking of The Neph, my biggest regret this visit was I neglected to get any new pictures of him.  Meaning not one...  Not even on my phone.  I'm seriously sad.  You'll have to excuse me while I go pout now...

No comments:

Post a Comment