Friday, June 4, 2010

The Timid First Step...

The timid first step, incredibly true for me and my new blog! My name is Nicole which, if you take the Hebrew meaning over the Greek one, means "truthful one" and I am, bluntly so... So the truth of this blog: My sister has been encouraging me to start a blog for months on end now, mainly a blog with recipes, food tips, cookware, and trial and error of my own self-made cuisine. While I might have fun with such a blog, I dislike immensely the thought of being trapped, and I should feel so if the only means of writing I promised lay in the realms of a kitchen or grocery store. With such reflections in mind I decided a blog was just not for me...

Until I started reading a couple blogs with such regularity that I came to the point where I was wishing for my very own blog so I too could write cute posts and share my insanely quirky moments, give ideas on refurbishing thrift store or garage sale finds (in some cases trash...) or just let you know that your life is not the only one out there with so much drama... I'm not married, I have no children, no romantic relationship or even a glimpse of one coming, but yes, I too, have a life flowing over with drama... It's amazing how the more you try to withdraw from over the top theatrics, the more you're sucked in!

Thus, because of my whim to subject all who are reading to complete insanity and ironic mirth, I invite you to join me on this path. I can't promise I'll step daintily, (as my blog name might imply) nor can I promise to even think thoroughly before placing a foot, (my fingers are starting to type as fast as my mouth works, which is infinitely faster than the brain) but I will promise such honesty that you might just think I'm lying. Those who know me already can and most likely will attest to the truth of the previous statement...

I also plan to travel this path in incredibly cute shoes and with colorful lipstick, so I completely understand if you ask me to wait a moment while you go slip on your adorable foot accessory and shine up your own lips! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment